Translating filename into tags

Main discussion forum
kathol

Translating filename into tags

Post by kathol »

I've got tons of MP3s that need ID3 tags to be filled up properly and can only be done automatically by referencing them through their filenames.

The filename format is: Track# - Title - Artist (e.g. '01 - Hero - When I Came Home.mp3')
Default value of Artist field is 'Various Artist' while Field is 'Track 01 (so and and forth).

When I assigned the %F3 in the Artist field & %F2 in the Title & hit apply, The Artist field copies the entire tokens (including the title) without the track # while Title remains the same. I tried to jumble the parameters to get the proper placement but I got no luck. Probably this is a bug.

It was working since the 0.70 version which I installed as a temporary solution.

Hope you can help me. Thank you so much.  ;D
Last edited by kathol on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

hopalongrock

Re: Translating filename into tags

Post by hopalongrock »

You say:
kathol wrote:The filename format is: Track# - Title - Artist (e.g. '01 - Hero - When I Came Home.mp3')
What is the title ? Hero or When I Came Home ? Maybe you could use Track# - Artist - Title
Be sure to select "Formatting" -> "Variables"  -> "Use separators", specify the correct hyphen, (en)dash, (em) dash, ... etc character in the separator, for example " - " (you can specify more separator string, without quotes), and don't select "Use Mask".

kathol

Re: Translating filename into tags

Post by kathol »

its working now. Thanks!  ;D ;D ;D