Version 0.85 available

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Version 0.85 available

Post by jtclipper »

Version 0.85 final is available for download

Code: Select all

-New/Changed-
  * Rename/Tag/Playlist/Export-Import/Online/ panels all merged into a single Panel named Edit, all functionality is preserved.
  * The new grid in the edit panel is now reconfigurable (Column order/visibility/sort) and presets can be defined.
  * New % variables ALBUMARTIST %aa, ORIGINALARTIST %oa, PUBLISHER %pu, DISCNUMBER %di, BPM %bp, %ar (%aa or %a), ORIGINALALBUM, ORIGINALYEAR, REMIXEDBY (%OL%,%OY%,%RM%) all the above fields moved to standard fields also.
  * Filters merged and moved into the folder tree panel, (option to show/hide)
  * The online procedures have better support for compilations, using the performer per song and/or album artist field upon option/availability.
  * The filters have been re-worked, Operators added (=,<,>,!=,<=,>=,?,!?,~,!~, $, !$), ? stands for the 'like' operator and ~ will use sound-ex for compares, new 'in list' operator $.
  * Import re-worked, more fields added and two new placeholders, <KEEP> and <BLANK> will keep the original field values or remove them respectively.
  * A quick view mini panel added, that provides an easy method to spot differences between the actual values in the tag fields and the ones you defined in the edit grid for further update.
  * Scripts have been merged and new functions added  (documented in the help file), most build in scripts enhanced/updated.
  * Option added ->(ID3v2 user fields named 'ALBUMARTIST' or 'ALBUM ARTIST' will be read into the standard Albumartist field)
  * The library has been updated to support the new fields.
  * 'Expand all'/'Contract all' buttons at library
  * Elevated privileges manifest embedded to the executable

<IMPORTANT>- All variables now have a % suffix, example: %A is now %A% (please update your templates!)

-Fixes-
  * The ID3v2.2 TPA frame handled properly
  * The ID3v2. APIC frame with double byte descriptions handled properly.
  * Vorbis comment covert art type mix up on multiple covers corrected.
  * Genre fields separated with Chr(0) will be read correctly.
  * Non numeric track fields will now ignore padding options.
  * Range copy/paste in the edit grid will no longer occasionally create excess rows nor delete read only fields.
  * Restructure rare bug when Source and Destination files were the same corrected.
  * Load/Save issues with .png image files corrected
  * Smaller fixes/updates applied.
http://jtclipper.eu/thegodfather/tgf_full.zip

hopalongrock

Re: Version 0.85 available

Post by hopalongrock »

I do not know just yet what's new compared to last beta, but I see you have added %PU% to the custom case formatting, thanks.

GHammer

Thank You!

Post by GHammer »

Just wanted to thank you for your years of work on this, my favorite metadata manipulator.
'Tagger' doesn't do it justice.

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

Thank you very much also from me for your fantastic program.

blutroniq

Post by blutroniq »

I've been using TheGodfather for 8-10 years now and it has been a fabulous product to use. That said, I find the newest version more of a step backwards. Here are a few of the issues I have:

Remember Column Widths
What happened to this feature? Are columns supposed to be remembered automatically now? If so, I cannot get them to stay. This feature is a must-have for me and I can't upgrade without it.

Band
Why was this variable removed in the tagging options? Seemingly, the only way to set this field now is through the "Read TXXX/ALBUMARTIST into TPE2 (Band/Orchestra)" option. There are three problems with this: 1) Old scripts don't work, 2) The Read option available now appends the tag instead of overwriting it, 3) To use the read option you have to perform the tag sequence twice... once to set Album Artist, and a second time to have the Album Artist populate the Band field.

Use Case
Why was this removed from the main screen? There are many times when you need flip back and forth between using case and not, and having it located only in the Options dialog is inconvenient. For example, you may need to tag an album where 1) the case is correct, 2) something else needs to be fixed, like the date or genre, and 3) the artist, album, or title has an odd/non-standard casing (ex. fIREHOSE).

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Which version did you upgrade from, must have been a really old one since you remember the case options on the main screen.

1.Column widths
You can select columns/column widths/sort order save them in template(s) , the last one used will be the default.

2.Band
This field is used by everything else out there as the 'album artist' field, I included an option to keep ALBUMARTIST as a TXXX frame. I am not saying that this is right or wrong it is just becoming or is actually a 'standard' nowadays.
How are you using the band field? and what scripts are you using?

3.Case (and other options)
A lot of options have moved gradually into the options dialog otherwise they would just take up space and clutter the main screen.
However the options dialog is not modal you can set anything there and hit apply , you can even roll it up so only the caption is visible.
Moreover you can use the 'ignore correct' check button so only the files that need tagging (according to your options ) appear in the grid.