Version 0.85 beta - available

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
raggatip

Re: Version 0.85 beta - available

Post by raggatip »

I love this app. thanks very much for keeping it alive. One big ask is that I use win XP still due to my old desktop not being compatible with win 7. As a result I have customised the OS and stripped out the IE core files and therefore cannot view the allrovi website (I use portable firefox) although I can on my laptop though that has win 7 on it. Please consider implementing a mozilla core or an alternative method of viewing the website and extracting the required data into the Godfather. I would love this to work on my desktop....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

NY152

Post by NY152 »

jtclipper wrote:Just a clarification on the TRACK xx/xx issue.
Currently there are two options 'clean on rename' and 'clean on tags'.
I am thinking that those 2 are contradicting in the sense that if 'clean on tags' is selected then rename should inherit the track value.It might be better to change those options into something like :

Code: Select all

[x] 'clean track field'
   [x] 'clean on rename only' 
How are you using those? for example do you clean the /xx portion from tags but retain it in the file name before the tag update.

Any feedback would be nice so a good solution is provided.
Both are unchecked

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

The band field is nowadays universally used to store the album artist information, I could add an option not to automatically transfer the user fields to the 'band' in ID3v2, that would solve the issue i believe.
That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

A new beta refresh is available, having that option amongst other changes/fixes

NY152

Post by NY152 »

tank you

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:A new beta (0.85b) is ready for testing/feedback.

Code: Select all

-Added 3 more variables/fields ORIGINALALBUM, ORIGINALYEAR, REMIXEDBY (%OL%,%OY%,%RM%)
I set these fields in grid, after Update I see these in Full Edit/Extended as original album, original release and interpreted/remixed/modified by. Is this correct ? I think they should be between the Standard fields.
Probably according to the above, gtag.OrigAlbum, gtag.OrigYear, gtag.MixArtist works, but
tg_setField('OrigAlbum',''), tg_setField('OrigYear',''), tg_setField('MixArtist','') doesn't work.

I found a contradiction in script tag help: to repaint the current row the 1st column says tg_RefreshRow, the 2nd column says tg_tg_RefreshRow - the second works.

Thanks for the file delete Alt-Bsp modification, Shift-Del works well now in tag field edit.

I like the merged folder tree/filter, '"and" and "or" works well !

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Refreshed the beta
Scripts/help updated to handle the 3 new fields.
I still think about how to best modify the full edit dialog regarding the extended/user fields, but I'll probably end up moving the 3 new ones to the first page

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:Refreshed the beta
I still think about how to best modify the full edit dialog regarding the extended/user fields, but I'll probably end up moving the 3 new ones to the first page
Sorry, the beta isn't refreshed, exe is from yesterday 2012.11.18 22:00

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

hopalongrock wrote:
jtclipper wrote:Refreshed the beta
Sorry, the beta isn't refreshed, exe is from yesterday 2012.11.18 22:00
Should be updated now

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

The scripts with the 3 new fields work well now.

Would it possible to create a new tg_UpdateRow procedure to update only the current row ?
(Somehow like the Row mode - F6 - option.)

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

If you use row mode and execute a script it will affect the selected rows now (used to ignore that in the previous versions)

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:If you use row mode and execute a script it will affect the selected rows now (used to ignore that in the previous versions)
Thanks, that's fine - although I thought to tg_UpdateRow to be able to update only the needful rows.

NY152

Post by NY152 »

The last beta, the program don't renames my files ... more I must admit that I do not understand why. Yet the box "Filename" is checked and is properly configured. And as "Rename This" has disappeared from the menu, I have no way to make my renaming (besides doing it manually, this is not a solution).

Why so basic functions and implemented for so long, from one version to another no longer work. I am a programmer myself and when I have routines that work, it will continue to operate in the following versions.

Someone has a solution?

Edit: The "Genre" does not update. It's random, sometimes it is updated, sometimes not.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

NY152 wrote:The last beta, the program don't renames my files ... more I must admit that I do not understand why. Yet the box "Filename" is checked and is properly configured. And as "Rename This" has disappeared from the menu, I have no way to make my renaming (besides doing it manually, this is not a solution).

Why so basic functions and implemented for so long, from one version to another no longer work. I am a programmer myself and when I have routines that work, it will continue to operate in the following versions.

Someone has a solution?

Edit: The "Genre" does not update. It's random, sometimes it is updated, sometimes not.
In the latest beta the % variables have changed (a % is added a suffix), maybe you need to update your rename template.
I can't reproduce the genre issue, it might be related to the new variables as well, if not then i need you to provide more details.

guptaas

Problems in Win 8 64

Post by guptaas »

Installed in My Documents and run as administrator, the application goes into a tailspin as soon as I try to grab a page from AMG. I've tried multiple times and ended with the same result. This is happening before any attempt to customize any part of the program or scripts.

The older version works fine for me except for problems with multiple disc albums with tracks grabbed in the wrong order.