Version 0.85 beta - available

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Version 0.85 beta - available

Post by jtclipper »

hopalongrock wrote:
jtclipper wrote:When you select update/rename/both the icon of the button changes so one can always have an idea what is going to be updated.
I did not notice this - it's a little bit hard for me to recognize the different icons (and know their meaning) on the same button without words, maybe TGF could display Tags/File/Both in a bigger icon or at least in the mouseover in a second line - as in Script - under "Update F8" .
jtclipper wrote:The ignore now works in conjunction with the update mode rename/tag/both and it decides to exclude files based on what you want to update.
Will see in the practice.
jtclipper wrote:A change indicator while scanning or after editing a row in the grid can be added in the result column, maybe with an option so it is easier to batch select files, will see how it can be done together with the ignore button functionality.
Thanks
Regarding the change operator, I was thinking about it and a script can solve this very accurately, if you are interested I can provide an example.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote:Regarding the change operator, I was thinking about it and a script can solve this very accurately, if you are interested I can provide an example.
I would thank you .

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

This should work OK.

Code: Select all

Program Edited;

var
  i: integer;
begin
  if not tg_init then exit;

i := 1;
  sys_SetStatusText( 2, IntToStr( tg_GetRowCount ) );

repeat
    tg_loadFile;

sys_SetStatusText( 1, IntToStr( i ) );
    sys_SetStatusText( 3, gTag.Filename );

if (tg_getField( 'Track' ) = gTag.TrackF) or
       (tg_getField( 'Artist' ) = gTag.Artist) or
       (tg_getField( 'Title' ) = gTag.Title) or
       (tg_getField( 'Album' ) = gTag.Album) or
       (tg_getField( 'Year' ) = gTag.Year) or
       (tg_getField( 'Genre' ) = gTag.Genre) or
       (tg_getField( 'Comment' ) = gTag.Comment) or
       (tg_getField( 'Composer' ) = gTag.Composer) or
       (tg_getField( 'Language' ) = gTag.Language) or
       (tg_getField( 'Copyright' ) = gTag.Copyright) or
       (tg_getField( 'URL' ) = gTag.URL) or
       (tg_getField( 'Encoder' ) = gTag.EncodedBy) or
       (tg_getField( 'Tones' ) = gTag.Tones) or
       (tg_getField( 'Styles' ) = gTag.Styles) or
       (tg_getField( 'Mood' ) = gTag.Mood) or
       (tg_getField( 'Situation' ) = gTag.Situation) or
       (tg_getField( 'Rating' ) = gTag.Rating) or
       (tg_getField( 'Quality' ) = gTag.Quality) or
       (tg_getField( 'Tempo' ) = gTag.Tempo) or
       (tg_getField( 'Type' ) = gTag.Type_) or
       (tg_getField( 'AlbumArtist' ) = gTag.Albumartist) or
       (tg_getField( 'OrigArtist' ) = gTag.Origartist) or
       (tg_getField( 'Publisher' ) = gTag.Publisher) or
       (tg_getField( 'Disk' ) = gTag.Discnumber) or
       (tg_getField( 'BPM' ) = gTag.BPM) then begin

tg_setSkip( true );
    end;
    i := i + 1;
  until not tg_skip;
end.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you for Update hint extension and for the script, works well !

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

jtclipper wrote: There was a bug with ID3 reading order (options/tags/id3/read order), I have fixed it hopefully.
I would also suggest that you change your read order to ID3v1->ID3v2 , this way ID3v2 fields will be read last and overwrite ID3v1 (unless the ID3v2 fields are blank)
Is this "ID3v1->ID3v2" read order equivalent to the previous version setting "if both tags exist prefer" ID3V2 ?

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

@jtclipper
There was a bug with ID3 reading order (options/tags/id3/read order), I have fixed it hopefully.
Thank. Now everything works like a charm.
-ID3v2 user fields named 'ALBUMARTIST' or 'ALBUM ARTIST' will be read into the standard Albumartist field
I have to admit that I'm not really happy how the album artist stuff is handeled in the new version. Until now I used the old Band/orchesta field in it's original meaning (most of all for classic music) and added the album artist info via custom tag. There should be an option to be able to stay with this kind of classification.

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Wurlitzer

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

hopalongrock wrote:
jtclipper wrote: There was a bug with ID3 reading order (options/tags/id3/read order), I have fixed it hopefully.
I would also suggest that you change your read order to ID3v1->ID3v2 , this way ID3v2 fields will be read last and overwrite ID3v1 (unless the ID3v2 fields are blank)
Is this "ID3v1->ID3v2" read order equivalent to the previous version setting "if both tags exist prefer" ID3V2 ?
Yes it is the same function

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Wurlitzer wrote:@jtclipper
There was a bug with ID3 reading order (options/tags/id3/read order), I have fixed it hopefully.
Thank. Now everything works like a charm.
-ID3v2 user fields named 'ALBUMARTIST' or 'ALBUM ARTIST' will be read into the standard Albumartist field
I have to admit that I'm not really happy how the album artist stuff is handeled in the new version. Until now I used the old Band/orchesta field in it's original meaning (most of all for classic music) and added the album artist info via custom tag. There should be an option to be able to stay with this kind of classification.

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Wurlitzer
The band field is nowadays universally used to store the album artist information, I could add an option not to automatically transfer the user fields to the 'band' in ID3v2, that would solve the issue i believe.

NY152

Post by NY152 »

I do know that this beta will correct context menu of Windows that does not appear in Windows 8.

An error that appears each time you start the application (still under Windows 8, although there is no music list). Here it is:

"Impossible de modifier la tructure de la table 'trk'. La base de données est en lecture seule."

I'm pretty disappointed with the expectation of this beta that took too long to arrive (as always) result? Not completely 100% compatible with Windows 8.

NY152

Post by NY152 »

As the Edit button does not work (message tells me that I am unable to edit it), I wanted to add that the management of the TRACK field no longer manages any of the format XX / XX. I configure my tags so that when renaming, I'm resumes the total number of tracks with the track number. There can not be more.

I do not know if I'm the only one but also malfunctions and disappearances of elements, I find that the interface was really degraded. It has become much less clear. I'm not a fan. I think I would keep The Godfather time to find an alternative but I would go back more if that is the direction of development unless the old interface be resumed.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I think your issues with Win8 is that either you are not running as an admin or you need to install the program in a path where you have full access to your files (try my documents for example).

NY152

Post by NY152 »

I made a second time installer as administrator (after uninstallation program), the menu can not be used in Windows 8, I allowed myself to come here to say AFTER attempting this kind of thing recess (I'm far from being a noob), the problem is with the GosdFather (as other applications like WinRAR or 7-zip them have their functional context menu in Windows 8).

and on TRACK tag? I would like to insist because if the program does not support the field more as before I would have to change because my name system should remain as it is because I have online applications based on this naming can no longer changed. And if I have to do the naming Hand abandoning The Godfather ...

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

If the other issues are resolved running as admin or simply installing in a full read/write location for the current user we come down to two issues.

The Win 8 context menu. I have no access to win8 and not sure if I will soon but this is typical with many applications when Windows makes changes to its shell, will try to look into it.
I managed to reproduce the track xx/xx bug in rename and I will sort it out in the next beta refresh, quite soon.

Also keep in mind that its still a beta, there will be bugs.

NY152

Post by NY152 »

thank you for the help, I'll wait.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Just a clarification on the TRACK xx/xx issue.
Currently there are two options 'clean on rename' and 'clean on tags'.
I am thinking that those 2 are contradicting in the sense that if 'clean on tags' is selected then rename should inherit the track value.It might be better to change those options into something like :

Code: Select all

[x] 'clean track field'
   [x] 'clean on rename only' 
How are you using those? for example do you clean the /xx portion from tags but retain it in the file name before the tag update.

Any feedback would be nice so a good solution is provided.