A new BETA version is available for download/testing

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A new BETA version is available for download/testing

Post by jtclipper »

I will have a look at the lyrics/pictures functionallity regarding selected rows and also shrink/reset padding.
Dimitris

diab0lik

Post by diab0lik »

Couldn't find anything in prefs that could be causing this -- let me know if it's just something checked somehwere that wasn't in 0.72....

in tag grid, Track # field shows ID3v1 tags for me, often causing me to have strangely formatted ID3v2 tags and not know (i.e. 03/15, etc. which i hate)

Otherwise thanks for the far and away best tag/rename app in the history of the world...as a desperately anal archiver, I would perish without it.

Also I'm not sure if I might have accidentally changed it at some point, but Artist field (in custom case) seems to default to UPPERCASE, which took me awhile to track down.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Try to make a clean install of the beta in a new folder using the default provided ini file.
There are options in Tags/ID3 which tag to 'prefer' and there are options in Formatting to take care of the track field.
Have a look and it would be ok i think.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote: I will have a look at the lyrics/pictures functionallity regarding selected rows and also shrink/reset padding.
TGF_080beta3: the Lyrics/Pictures Processing new UI is good, delete/padding works well.

Little request to this window:
In the export action please make it possible, to choose the filename as it is stored as Description and offfered in the Full Tag Edit - Pictures - Save to File.
See pictures.jpg
Attachments
pictures.jpg
Last edited by hopalongrock on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I'll add an option for that in the next build.
Dimitris

garrigues

Post by garrigues »

wow. what a pleasant suprise to see you are back and with a new version too!

i only came on here to search for the amg patch for the older version but this is even better. this is the best tagger; i haven't even bothered looking for other programs even when foobar stopped supporting the tag types or whatever it was. the godfather does everything i need.

anyway, some things i wanted was you might want to put the term "DJ" in the always uppercase section.

and when you clear of all the words/letters from the always lowercase section, is that the cause for making all the amg reviews in capitals (the first letter only)? the reason i clear it is to make my renames in caps but i dont want the review to be in caps. is there anyway to stop this affecting each other?

thanks a lot

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I think i'll add an option to proper case to have the comment format with 'sentence case'
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote: I'll add an option for that in the next build.
80beta4: it's almost OK.
I have two pictures: ... - Front and ... - Back.
The generated filenames are: ... - Front.jpg and ... - Back_02.jpg instead of Back.jpg

Momusaka

Post by Momusaka »

Hello, and Thank you for your work.

I'm french and use the godfather 7.0 on my PC under Windows 2000 Pro. (during many years)
I have downloaded the godfather 8.04 beta and installed it on an another folder (D:\Program Files\The Godfather 8Beta\ )

But it don't work there is an error when I launch it. (i have close my godfather 7.0 before to lauch the beta version)

Help ?

The error message is not significant and i don't know if there is a logfile and where.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Momusaka wrote: Hello, and Thank you for your work.

I'm french and use the godfather 7.0 on my PC under Windows 2000 Pro. (during many years)
I have downloaded the godfather 8.04 beta and installed it on an another folder (D:\Program Files\The Godfather 8Beta\ )

But it don't work there is an error when I launch it. (i have close my godfather 7.0 before to lauch the beta version)

Help ?

The error message is not significant and i don't know if there is a logfile and where.
A screenshot of the error would be helpful, although win2k is not really supported I�d like to have a look at it.
Dimitris

Momusaka

Post by Momusaka »

It is the classical error message from windows. But it's in french and i don't think it would be helpfull.

But i have deleted the Doctor Watson logfile and reproduced the error to generate a new log file.

I can't interpretate what there is in the new log file. I can save it and maybe send it to you.

All i can see in the log file is that the program (TheGodFather.ex.exe in the logfile) seems to stop after these functions :
- ntdll!RtlTraceDatabaseEnumerate (in a mov "ebx"... ???
- ntdll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher

Later in the file i see "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

Momusaka

Post by Momusaka »

Tomorrrow, i'll test the new beta version on another PC under Windows XP to see if it's a problem of compatibility with windows 2000 Pro (5.0) version.

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill »

Wow, incredible. I came here by chance today looking to see if there was any discussion because AMG stopped working for me today. I have kept my trusty rusty old copy of TGF .72b2 alive by running it in an XP virtual machine with IE7 installed (because AMG import was not working with IE8 as of a year or so ago--not sure if it worked subsequent to that, but anyway). I have searched far and wide and have never found a tagger as competent and capable as TGF. Part of me knew that someday AMG would "break" something that would cause TGF to stop being able to import for good, and with TGF seemingly abandoned I didn't know what I was going to do for the future. I *thought* that day was today, but low and behold Dimitris has reappeared and has been hard at work on a new version with not only fixes but new features. I feel like I've won the lottery!

I don't mean to gush, but I do want to add to the chorus of voices thanking you so much for returning to work on TGF, Dimitris.  I imagine as more people discover that you're back you'll get even more postings here. I will certainly do what I can to help spread the word!

Dan

P.S. AMG is still broken in .80 but I see from the other thread that you are aware of it and the scripts need to be updated. So I will be patient (since I'm no good with scripting myself).
P.P.S. Maybe you already addressed this, but can you locate the godfather's ini file in C:\ProgramData or perhaps in C:\Users\*User*\AppData\ so we don't have to run TGF as admin in Vista/Win7? Not a big deal, just wanted to ask.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I dont like the way windows behave regarding simple ini file writes and the "program files" folder myself but I'd rather keep all my files in one folder during install. So sorry i have no plans to break files in 2 or more folders.
You can set the program to run 'as administrator' or just install it in the users folder as a workaround.
Dimitris

jherbach

Post by jherbach »

Glad to see it's still being updated.

Here's another feature request: I sometimes try to merge multiple disc albums into a single folder. It involves track numbering. It's unfortunate the %# offset is buried within options; I'd love to have it configurable from the tag window directly so I can tweak it quickly.