A new BETA version is available for download/testing

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

A new BETA version is available for download/testing

Post by jtclipper »

Greetings,
It's been a while but finally a new version is ready for you to download.
This is a BETA version

What's in there:
The program is compiled with Delphi 2010 and has full Unicode support.
It has been updated to support the various changes in the file formats over the last 5 years or so (ID3v2 UTF8/UTF16 writing of tags, Vorbis comment cover art support (ogg,spx,flac files), APE tags cover art support.)
freeDB proto6 support, Amazon grabber with support for full albums, many new Online custom scripts.
Some UI elements have changed: Play panel is gone, manual edit is gone and functionality merged with Tag panel.
Many internal changes including major rewrites of core units.

Due to the extensive rewriting of the program DO NOT try to use it on your original audio files until you test some of them separately. I have tested to the best of my ability but there will always be a file here and there that will break.

TODO: The help file is still under development and the language files will need amendment. Some scripts will be changed a bit and bug fixes and features will come based on user feedback.

If you still want to download and try this, please make sure to install it in a new location do not use the current installation folder if you use the program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Sept. 18 2010
Several fixes and minor new features included.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update(2) Sept. 26 2010
Beta3 is ready for test.
-Minor UI changes.
First update of the help file.
Export is now 100% script based.

***IMPORTANT***
All scripts in the install folder will be deleted and/or overwritten.
From now on all build in and distributed script files will begin with the character #.
If you have any custom scripts please back them up.

-Few fixes here and there.

Update(3) Oct. 3 2010
Beta4 is ready for test.
Updated the help file.
Langage files updated (to the best of my abilities) and converted to UTF8
Option to use description from tag when you export pictures.
Minor changes

A few more fixes here and there.

beta 0.80 closed
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

rev

Re: A new BETA version is available for download/testing

Post by rev »

Excellent news! I thought I would be stuck forever with 0.72 beta (as there is really no alternative for TGF)!

Many thanks, I will try it asap.
Last edited by rev on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rev

Post by rev »

OK, first thoughts:

- It's quick!
- AMG works out-of-the-box
- It appears to work well under win 7 x64
- You'll need administrator priviliges to run it otherwise it won't close (no tgf.ini write rights)
- It still doesn't see my extensive .ogg collection (like 0.72beta). The folders appear to be empty for TGF.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

I have tested many ogg files and they seem to work fine.
In case you have not selected 'All supported formats'  on the combo box under the tree view, please send me a file to check (use the e-mail on the about box of the program)
Dimitris

MotRoUS

Post by MotRoUS »

I am so excited by all of this. I tried sending you a message/email just a few days ago. I thought I'd log back in and see if you had seen it. I was not expecting all of this. Very exciting. I'll be downloading this immediately.

Thanks, man.

Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

Thank you, this are fantastic news!

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Wurlitzer
Last edited by Wurlitzer on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

antonellocaroli

Post by antonellocaroli »

Thanks! to try soon ....

rev

Post by rev »

Dimitris wrote: I have tested many ogg files and they seem to work fine.
In case you have not selected 'All supported formats'  on the combo box under the tree view, please send me a file to check (use the e-mail on the about box of the program)
I just emailed you one of the "oggs". Thanks for the support.

oliv5

Post by oliv5 »

Excellent news. Thk you very much !!!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

rev wrote:
Thanks for the sample.
I read and wrtite the file just fine, Please make sure that you dont have any filters regarding file types selected (Combobox under the tree view )
Dimitris

rev

Post by rev »

Dimitris wrote:
rev wrote:
Thanks for the sample.
I read and wrtite the file just fine, Please make sure that you dont have any filters regarding file types selected (Combobox under the tree view )
OK, issue solved. Nothing to do with TGF.  Apologies for the "noise".

For reference: apparently all ogg's - residing on a samba file server - had - by incident - their "hidden" attribute set in windows which TGF respects.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Thank you for this new beta.

Using Tag (instead of manual edit):

I very miss the indicators of pictures/lyrics (Pic./Lyr.), always have to go Properties/Full tag edit to see their existence.

When I want to modify the artist or other field, the first Enter results an empty, white (artist) field. With the Mouse the field content is correct, white text on blue blackground.

Pressing Ctrl-P shows ID3v1.1 id3v2.3 id3v2.3 in the 1st line of properties for a test file (ID3v1 selected by default).
After changing to ID3v2 and later to ID3v1 shows correctly ID3v1.1 id3v2.3.

Would it be possible to show both together to see the possible diffrences ? As I see, there is enough space.

Please implement hot keys, for example Shift-PgDn/PgUp for Next/Previous in Properties (Info ?) and Full Tag Edit.

New requests:
It would be desirable to shrink the file, when deleting one or more pictures.
To be able to select a range of files to skip (for example with Shift Click).
To be able to add new (supported) fields, for example Publisher, and change the order of the fields.

Thanks

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

More precisely on the tag screen after the Comment field I would like to see the same non-editable fields as in the old manual edit: Pic, Lyr, Quality, Length, Size - I can't imagine that in case of an album one should have to watch them in the Properties / Full Edit one-by-one.

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

hopalongrock wrote: Thank you for this new beta.

Using Tag (instead of manual edit):

I very miss the indicators of pictures/lyrics (Pic./Lyr.), always have to go Properties/Full tag edit to see their existence.

When I want to modify the artist or other field, the first Enter results an empty, white (artist) field. With the Mouse the field content is correct, white text on blue blackground.

Pressing Ctrl-P shows ID3v1.1 id3v2.3 id3v2.3 in the 1st line of properties for a test file (ID3v1 selected by default).
After changing to ID3v2 and later to ID3v1 shows correctly ID3v1.1 id3v2.3.

Would it be possible to show both together to see the possible diffrences ? As I see, there is enough space.

Please implement hot keys, for example Shift-PgDn/PgUp for Next/Previous in Properties (Info ?) and Full Tag Edit.

New requests:
It would be desirable to shrink the file, when deleting one or more pictures.
To be able to select a range of files to skip (for example with Shift Click).
To be able to add new (supported) fields, for example Publisher, and change the order of the fields.

Thanks
Yes my plan is to expand the tag panel with customized columns and also to add more fileds in the template for faster edits.
The pgup/pgdn keys move up and down on the file info/full tag edit dialogs , I also fixed various small bugs there.

You can use the batch jobs in the tag edit to reset the padding of the mp3 files that you removed the cover art from, you can also use the row mode (f6) to manipulated selected rows instead of using the whole grid.
Dimitris

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Dimitris wrote:
Yes my plan is to expand the tag panel with customized columns and also to add more fileds in the template for faster edits.
The pgup/pgdn keys move up and down on the file info/full tag edit dialogs , I also fixed various small bugs there.

You can use the batch jobs in the tag edit to reset the padding of the mp3 files that you removed the cover art from, you can also use the row mode (f6) to manipulated selected rows instead of using the whole grid.

Thanks, I didn't realize that working.

Pgup/Pgdn works great, but when a tag is selected (Track, Artist, ..), they select the 1st/last tag too, I think it would be better to change only the file, and not the tag selection.

The row mode works great too (even selecting rows with Shift Click), Apply and Update modifies only the selected rows, but Batch and Export works with all (not skipped?) files, not only with selected ones.
For example Batch - Lyrics & Pictures - Pictures removes the pictures from all files.
It would be great to remember the last operation here (Lyrics or Picture).

The Batch - Sync - Reset Padding works well, but I would like an option to pad immediately after removing the picture - here and in the Full Edit Save too.