Column Edits

Relevant or irrelevant information and chat here.
MmusicM

Column Edits

Post by MmusicM »

This new Beta is the Best Godfather version ever! I did not like the previous version & could not make it work for me like I could in the original version. I can't Thank You enuf for this new version!

In this version, the learning curve was very intuitive for me, personally! It does everything I need it to do to manage my mp3 collection that I couldn't figure out on the previous version!

I do need to know how to edit the Columns, 'tho. I can edit them to my liking - live -, but when I close The Godfather & re-open it my Column edits are gone.

How do I save the Columns I want to display & not have the Columns I delete show up again?

Also, when I "re-arrange" the Columns, that edit is not saved when I re-open The Godfather.

I'm sure I'm just over-looking something simple, & will feel like an idiot when my questions get answered.

Thank YOU again for putting together such a sweet mp3 application!!

I'm a long time fan!!!!

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Column Edits

Post by jtclipper »

When you rearrange something in the grid that you want to keep go to 'columns/presets..' there you can add a new one or replace an existing, do not close the dialogue but click save.

MmusicM

Post by MmusicM »

Thank You! I have made it work.

One more thing, I can't figure out how to make Rename work. When I batch edit an album I format my mp3 tags using the variables, %A - %R %T. When I do an Update it formats the tags accordingly, but it does not rename the actual files.

I experimented with the Template formats to reflect my variables scheme, but I'm still not able to get The Godfather to rename my files. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Try with %A%, %L%, %T%, etc - this is the new style. Maybe this helps you.

MmusicM

Post by MmusicM »

That did it! (I should've know to do that!) Thank you so much for your help & for your amazing software application!

ahsin

Post by ahsin »

One more thing, I can't figure out how to make Rename work. When I batch edit an album I format my mp3 tags using the variables, %A - %R %T. When I do an Update it formats the tags accordingly, but it does not rename the actual files. :-[
Are you worried about microsoft exam training course - braindumps prep and HP0-S28? Check out our latest resources for Springfield College questions for practice with LPI guarantee of Facebook

jtclipper
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jtclipper »

Please use double % in variables like %A% - %R% %T%, this has changed some time ago